The Greeley Historic Preservation Office seeks public input for updating the historic preservation ordinance at a public meeting on Wednesday, February 13th from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Community Room at the Greeley History Museum, 714 8th Street. The current ordinance and proposed changes are available online on the City’s website at greeleygov.com/hp.
The public can also review a copy of the proposed changes at the Greeley Historic Preservation Office, 1100 10th Street, Ste 201 or contact the office at 970-350-9222 or by email at email@example.com to get a copy by email.
The major points of the proposed changes include:
- Giving Historic Preservation Staff authority to review and approve minor alterations,
- Establishing the process for design review,
- Changing designation criteria from two required areas of significance to one area of significance in line with the National Register of Historic Places,
- Reorganizing some sections,
- Minor administrative changes.